thai beef and noodle salad recipe
I particularly love the salad dressing – I could almost drink it!
- Grilled beef, shrimp, chicken, or pork – enough for 4 people
- 1 package Udon noodles cooked to package directions
- 1/2 cup peanuts – shelled and unsalted
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 2 mangos
- 2 avocados
- 1 package cherry tomatoes or 3 chopped vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 head romaine
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
Cook the Udon noodles according to package instructions. When they are cooked, strain, and place in cold water to cool them down.
Slice the beef, chicken, or pork. Dice the mangoes and avocados. Make a salad with the romaine lettuce, basil leaves, chopped cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, mangos and peanuts. Drain the Udon noodles and put into the salad along with the meat.
Make the dressing by measuring all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisking together. The dressing makes a far larger quantity than is needed for this salad. Add enough dressing to moisten or to taste and save the rest. Toss and serve.
Will make 4 very hearty servings.